How can Scleral lenses help me?
Scleral lenses do not rest on the cornea and provide the superior optics of a GP lens. They can be extremely beneficial if you face challenges like:
– Corneal transplant
– Dry Eye or other forms of corneal disease
– LASIK, RK or PRK
– Trauma-damaged corneas
Scleral lenses can even work for patients who were never able to wear traditional contact lenses!
What are Scleral Lenses?
Scleral lenses are larger, durable contact lenses. They are made with the same breathable lens material as gas permeable lenses.
Gas Permeable Lens Material:
– Each lens is individually created to match your visual needs
– 2-4 times more oxygen passes through to your eyes than soft contact lenses
– Offers durability, scratch-resistance and long-lasting wear, which provides great value
What is Keratoconus?
– Corneal disease
– Prevents people from being able to see with regular contacts or glasses
Keratoconus Symptoms and Treatment
– 78% report moderate issues with night driving
– 77% report difficulty reading regular print
– 73% report difficulty with work or activities requiring near vision
– 59% complain of pain